OUR STRATEGIC FACILITATION & FACILITATED STRATEGY WORKSHOPS WILL ALIGN YOUR TEAM TO UNLOCK SUPERIOR RESULTS.
Turning Leaf facilitates business workshops that change the way people work.
We know your workshops are only as good as the behavior change they cause and the business results you get as a result.
After our facilitated workshops, when the team is back in your office, they do things differently and in more powerful ways.
WHAT’S THE POINT OF FACILITATED WORKSHOPS IF NOTHING CHANGES AFTERWARDS?
If you run a workshop and no-one does anything differently, and nothing changes afterwards, that would be a total waste of time, right?
Yet that’s exactly what happens with most strategy workshops. You know the feeling: everyone has a great time but goes back to work and nothing changes. Or worse, there is no action plan at the end of a day of workshop work.
STRATEGY FACILITATION BY TURNING LEAF IS DIFFERENT.
We help you align your team on strategic direction and make sure they have a plan of attack to use on day 1 back in the office.
Our facilitation techniques encourage participation across functions.
Using customer insight, teamwork and accountability mapping, we use a tested process to unlock a path to long-term growth (strategy) and short-term implementation (action).
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN STRATEGY FACILITATION?
- Strategy development workshops
- Customer journey & value funnel workshops
- Aligning cross-functional teams
- Getting sales and marketing to work together
- Facilitation for small groups (under 14)
- Large group facilitation (15-150)
- Deep facilitation for team formation
- Sales & marketing alignment workshops
TYPICAL OUTCOMES FROM STRATEGY FACILITATION WORKSHOPS:
- Aligned and effective teams
- Increased effectiveness of teamwork
- Decrease in wasted effort
- Lower stress levels
- Improved employee motivation
- Teams understand each other
- Improved return on investment
- Action orientation and higher energy levels
- Improved relationships with external partners and stakeholders
- Customer and market-oriented growth planning
- Prepared and ready to win even in bumpy markets
WITH A GOOD STRATEGIC PLAN IN PLACE YOU’LL ALSO NOTICE CULTURAL GAINS:
- Momentum to move forward in pursuing defined objectives, coherent policies and achievable goals. Roadblocks and issues will be addressed so that employees are able to confidently take actions to win against the competition.
- Clarity over what direction the business is moving will save wasted energy and helps your company use its strengths to sell more of your product or service. Employees will have a shared understanding of the market and, more importantly, the consumer. Ultimately, this clarity will allow individuals to make the right choices and focus on your business’ must-win battles.
- Alignment between team members improves company culture and facilitates good work. A well-aligned team is aware of what role each member fulfills and makes sure each individual is held accountable for the success of the organization as a whole.
IS IT FOR ME? TYPICAL ISSUES CLIENTS FACE INCLUDE:
- Your board or executives are unclear on the strategic direction of your company. It is surprisingly common for the customer facing employees to thoroughly know the issues of the consumer while the directors are left unaware.
- Shifts in market conditions are destabilising your current strategy. New entrants to the market, changing economic conditions and regulations changes commonly cause this issue.
- The current strategy isn’t working or isn’t really a strategy at all. This is actually very common and often stems from the strategy not being aligned with business strengths or customer insights.
- Staff problems and conflicts include signs of conflict or wasted energy. Usually, these can materialize as low energy levels and falling staff satisfaction/engagement measures.
THERE’S NO “I” IN TEAM, NO “ME” IN GOOD STRATEGY
A great workshop brings your team together to make sure the people implementing the plan are involved in its creation.
When the people responsible for the execution of a plan are involved in creating it, you will always produce better results faster due to the superior levels of commitment, accountability and alignment.
A plan developed with diverse and cross-functional perspectives is able to lower risk and increase its chances of success. On top of this, employees who contribute to the formation of your new strategy feel a sense of ownership over the plan and are motivated to get some forward momentum on the new strategy.
OUR COLLABORATIVE PROCESS FOR DEVELOPING YOUR FACILITATED STRATEGY:
- Needs assessment & high-level issue definition
- Program design
- Preparation and pre-work
- Debriefing & feedback
- Measurement & implementation
The main thing you need in a facilitator is skills in advanced facilitation and strategy development methods. However, sometimes it helps if your facilitator knows a bit about your sector, too.
Industries we know inside-out include:
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Luxury Goods
- Finance & Insurance
- Business Services
- Medical & Dental
- Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences
- Waste and Recycling
- Not for Profit
GENERICSWEB / ARK
“I thought you would like to know that your great work is being noticed by head office, who want to use our platform to front the US$220 mil portfolio. Thanks for everything, your work really has been first class.”
– Jesse Tale, Marketing Director, Ark Patent Intelligence – now a division of IMS (B2B technology)
“Matt was able to draw out from the initial meetings our scope requirements and then facilitate a series of discussions to build a world class 3 year marketing and communications campaign which will disrupt our industry. I would highly recommend him.”
– Antony Schillaci, National Sales & Marketing Manager, Veolia (Utilities)
“Turning Leaf went out of its way to understand the core needs of the business. Matt met early on with our people – including some based overseas and interstate – to build rapport and understand the situation – this made a huge difference. The combination of real-world knowledge and business understanding is impressive but in addition, Matt shares the values of our organisation and has helped us make progress faster than we ever expected. Perhaps most importantly, the project has delivered sales results for one of our most important brands, Chandon. “
– Jonathan Weavers, Shopper Insights Director, Moet Hennessy Australia (Luxury Goods)